After a CS (Caesarian operation or Cesarean Operation) especially for first time Mummies, it is always tough. Your body is tired from the stress of carrying the baby for 9 months and then undergoing the operation which is a major one.
It is necessary to ensure that you do not do these things.
1. Please don’t stress yourself. Endeavor you get all the rest you require, don’t stress or fuss about anything. Just allow your body heal itself gently, don’t try to speed up the process.
2. Avoid tight clothing like tight pants or trousers after a ceasarian operation etc preferably wear gowns.
During the process of healing avoid adding pressure to the area. Like wearing tight uncomfortable clothing. Stick to loose ones that will not inconvenience you.
4. Don’t try to use girdle or tie your tummy for now at least till your 6 weeks checkup so you don’t disturb the healing process.
5. Don’t bend down unnecessarily at all. Squat if you need to get things done
6. Do not sponge the area when bathing. No matter the type of CS stitch you had done by your doctors please do not sponge the area till you have been certified.
7. Do not go up and down the staircase intermittently.
Avoid up and down movements on your staircase this adds pressure to the area and may cause it to loosen from inside. If you can avoid it please don’t use the staircase. Take the elevator or ask someone to get it for you
8. Please ask for help a lot from friends and family don’t do like Jackie chan. Ask for help!!
Jackie in his movies often likes to fight alone and save everyone which is great.
But you need rest so you ask for help and not do everything.
Plan ahead by soliciting help before you deliver so you can get maximum assistance when you need it.
Cheers Mummy you gat this.