With so many diapers on the market, you might wonder how much variation there is from one brand to the next. They all get the basic job done, right? After doing a deep dive into an assortment of popular diaper brands and testing some of the most raved-about ones ourselves, we’re here to tell you that diapers do, indeed, come in many different packages.
What to Look For When Shopping For Diapers
They’re not all built the same, so you’ll want to consider a few key factors.
- Absorbency: You’ll want an absorbent diaper durable enough to withstand whatever your baby’s brewing; minimal leakage is critical.
- Quality: Your baby deserves the best—sensitive skin or not, softness and fit matter.
- Style: This is in terms of both function and, for some of us, let’s face it, fashion. OK, maybe not that serious, but with a wide array of diaper aesthetics, why not pick one that fits your vibe?
- Price: Babies go through a lot of diapers. Knowing you’ll likely need 2,000-3,000 diapers in the first year alone, you’ll want to consider your family’s budget when determining which brand is best for your little babe’s bottom.
- Eco-friendly: Again, babies go through a lot of diapers. Which means a lot of dirty diapers end up in the trash. While this factor might not be a top priority for everyone, eco-friendly options are worth considering if you hope to reduce your carbon footprint.
We’ve combed through reviews, completed in-home trials, and rounded up a list of the best diapers for babies of 2023. Check out our Chick Picks below!
View all comments