Everyone loves receiving a special package in the mail from time to time. Or regularly, right? There’s something extra special about the novelty of subscription boxes. They make perfect gifts (that can keep on giving) and can be catered to just about any recipient, even children. So we’ve created a list of the best subscription boxes for kids, from education to fashion.
Whether you’re looking for a year-long subscription or a monthly box or are simply curious about what’s out there, we’ve gathered some of the most awesome options for the best kids’ subscription boxes.
Best Subscription Box for Babies and Toddlers
Lovevery subscription boxes feature Montessori-inspired play products for fostering learning at every stage up to age four. Known as The Play Kits, each box includes a thoughtfully crafted assortment of toys, books, and other learning objects perfect for your little one’s current stage.
- Price range: $80-$120 per box.
- Frequency: Every two to three months, depending on the stage.
- Why we love it: Besides developmentally appropriate, engaging items for your baby or toddler, each box includes a Play Guide for parents and caregivers. Play Guides are full of expert tips, developmental milestones, and activities they can do at home in each stage.
- Pros: Items are high-quality, sustainable, beautifully designed, and child safe. They allow for hours of open-ended play tailored to your child’s developmental stage. Parents receive excellent support and guidance with each Play Kit and can cancel subscriptions or skip boxes anytime. In addition to its Play Kits, Lovevery offers a handful of gifting-worthy standalone products that make perfect add-ons for any special occasion.
- Cons: The price point is higher compared to other children’s subscriptions on the market.
Best Subscription Box For Kids of All Ages
KiwiCo offers a variety of subscriptions for all ages and all interests. From science and engineering to art and design, cooking and crafting to geography and culture, these boxes provide kids with hands-on, highly innovative fun and learning.
- Price range: Starts at $23.95 per box; prices may vary, and discounts may apply.
- Frequency: Most boxes (including Koala Crate, Kiwi Crate, Atlas Crate, Yummy Crate, Tinker Crate, Doodle Crate, Maker Crate, and Eureka Crate) ship monthly; Panda Crate is sent every two months.
- Why we love it: KiwiCo boxes are designed to promote a love for STEAM-based learning and curiosity – and do so effortlessly with kid-approved projects and experiments.
- Pros: Subscription options are available for children of all ages, so there’s always something new and exciting for everyone in the family. Prices are also modest. Deluxe subscriptions are available for those wishing to supplement projects with monthly literature, and single boxes are also available for purchase.
- Cons: Crate themes vary by month and aren’t customizable, requiring customers to be okay with the element of surprise.
Best Kids Subscription Box For Bookworms
Literati Kids Book Club
Literati is a keep-what-you-wish box that curates five monthly books for subscribers, all based on reading level, interests, and reader feedback. Boxes are available for children up to age 14 and follow skill-based reading benchmarks.
- Price range: $9.95 per month, plus the cost of any books you choose to keep.
- Frequency: Monthly, with options to set your delivery frequency.
- Why we love it: Books are hand-selected for subscribed readers and arrive with fun surprises, such as art or stickers. Literati also offers a donation program that allows you to send in gently used books to be distributed elsewhere for free.
- Pros: You can select which books you want to keep – and return the rest using a prepaid label. Books are appropriate for each age group. You can pause your subscription at any time.
- Cons: It can be inconvenient to return books you don’t wish to keep, and the price point is higher than other kids’ book subscriptions.
Best Kids Subscription Box For Cross-Cultural Learning
Little Passports offers a variety of boxes for kids ages three and up, all designed to spark worldly curiosity and interest in different cultures through hands-on activities, reading material, and souvenirs.
- Price range: $19.95 and up per month.
- Frequency: Monthly (paid monthly, every six months, or every 12 months).
- Why we love it: The educational aspect of Little Passports is excellent; younger kiddos and older children alike can dive into culture, science, and geography topics with each box.
- Pros: Boxes cater to unique interests, including animals, space, and crafts. There’s even a Kitchen Adventures box for rising chefs. Each box provides a kid and parent-approved mix of cultural learning and interactive fun. Subscriptions are available at a modest price point.
- Cons: Activities included in boxes for older children might be a bit less challenging than some would prefer.
Best Kids Subscription Box For Budding Fashionistas
This clothing subscription box for kids provides Kidpik-designed, high-quality outfits for ages 2-13 (sizes 2T-16), saving parents and kiddos from the unnecessary stress that often comes with dressing for any occasion.
- Price range: No membership fee; pay for what you keep (with a 30% discount offered to purchase any complete box).
- Frequency: Every four, six, or 12 weeks.
- Why we love it: Kidpik mixes stylish convenience and personalized fun, providing stylist-selected fashion for subscribers. Pieces range from everyday wear to special occasion attire and are suitable for mix-and-match dressing, maximizing their value.
- Pros: All items are made in-house at Kidpik, guaranteeing uniqueness at a reasonable price point. Boxes are curated by personal stylists using feedback from a quick subscriber quiz. Returns and exchanges are simple.
- Cons: Although exchanges for different sizes are allowed, those for different styles aren’t.
There’s a lot of appeal in any kids’ subscription box heavy on five-star feedback (from both children and parents). There are also a lot of options out there to pick from. We hope this roundup guides you to some fantastic new recurring snail mail!
This article contains affiliate links. These opinions are our own. However, if you buy something, we may earn a small commission, which helps us keep our content free to our readers. Check out our Chick Picks Shop to see more of our recommended products. It’s our carefully curated shop of products we love and recommend! ❤️