1. Pregnancy pillow. Seriously. I don’t know anyone who didn’t like their pregnancy pillow. There are many brands and styles, so choose wisely — ask for advice from friends or look for reviews on Amazon.
2. Exercise ball. These are great for sitting on in late pregnancy (in the office or at home) and are a helpful tool to use during labor. They make great rocking chairs for soothing baby after pregnancy and birth, too.
3. Pregnancy journal. If you haven’t already started one, keeping a journal during pregnancy can be a wonderful gift to yourself and eventually, your child. Again, there are many options and styles to choose from.
4. Prenatal yoga or Pilates classes gift certificate. Prenatal-specific classes, like yoga and Pilates, offer countless benefits during pregnancy. Be sure your gift-givers know the names of studios near you.
5. Childbirth, infant care, and breastfeeding books. Of course, we love The Official Lamaze Guide: Giving Birth with Confidence, but Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn also is an excellent choice. For baby care, check out The Baby Book. The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers is a favorite for breastfeeding tips.
6. Maternity photos. If you know someone who likes to bestow larger gifts (or a group to go in on it), this is a great option.
7. Maternity clothes. Gift cards to your favorite place for maternity clothes is perfect for pregnancy!
8. Meal or cleaning service. Pregnancy is tiring. Having some meals delivered or a cleaning service goes a long way to helping you feel more rested, nourished, and prepared for birth. Gift cards for take-out also are appreciated.
9. Pedicure or massage gift card. Well, obviously.
10. Childbirth classes. This is a hefty gift, but the value is priceless. You may be able to purchase gift cards that go toward a portion of your classes, too.
11. Doula services. Like a childbirth class, a doula is one of those pricey but priceless gifts. Maybe friends will go in on a doula for you. If not, even a portion of the fee covered helps!
12. Skincare products. If you have a favorite brand of body lotion or skincare item, put it on your wish list! Skincare for most people is very personal and specific — a generic or overly scented lotion may end up in the garbage. Make sure your gift-givers know your preferences!
What gifts would you add to this list?