When you have a child, you realize that you’ll be preparing three meals a day, seven days a week, for the next 18 years for each of your kids. That can be a bit overwhelming to think about for any parent. Thankfully, our guest today, Chef Catherine McCord, knows this all too well as a mother of three. We are excited to have her as our guest on this episode because she is sharing her experience, tips, and tricks to make the age-old question, “What’s for dinner?” much easier for us all.
Who is Catherine McCord?
Catherine McCord is the founder of the popular website weelicious.com and the family food brand One Potato. She is the author of Smoothie Project, Weelicious, Weelicious Lunches, and her newest book Meal Prep Magic: Time-Saving Tips for Stress-Free Cooking. Catherine has appeared on The Today Show, Good Morning America, and the Kelly Clarkson Show. She is a regular on the NBC Emmy Award–winning show Danny Seo Naturally as well as Food Network’s #1 rated Guy’s Grocery Games. Catherine lives in Los Angeles with her husband and three children and she has earned the trust of parents everywhere, including some familiar names such as Jennifer Garner and “The Pioneer Woman” Ree Drummond.
What Did We Discuss?
In this episode, Catherine McCord talked about all things motherhood and how to navigate the kitchen and feed your family with less stress! Here are some of the questions we covered:
- How did your journey as a mom play a role in creating Weelicous?
- What are your tips for not feeling overwhelmed in the kitchen?
- What are some of your cooking tips that you use every day?
- What ingredients do you always have stocked in your kitchen?
- What are your tips for overcoming the picky eater hurdle with kids?
- What are your go-to recipes for busy nights when you don’t have a lot of time to prepare a meal?
- Have you ever had a cooking or kitchen “fail?”
- Does your family have any mealtime traditions?
- Do your children enjoy joining you in the kitchen to cook?
- What are the most challenging parts about being a mother and entrepreneur, and how do you balance it all?
- What does a typical day look like for you?
- What mom hack do you think every mom should know?
A lot of the magic is also in her new book, Meal Prep Magic. It takes readers a step beyond the ideological approach of Marie Kondo and The Home Edit, bringing parents a practical guide to organizing the most important space in their home — the kitchen. It offers 100 of her favorite family recipes, including tried-and-tested secrets for saving time. (What parent doesn’t want that?) We also really love how the recipes are easy to prep and make ahead. It’s a great book for all home cooks and busy mothers! If you want your time to get easier in the kitchen, listen to this episode!