#BlanketChange is an urgent call to action, supported by data, for the new Congress to implement policies with solutions that are proven to improve equity, access, and prevention. Specifically, some of the measures requested with #BlanketChange are:
- Cultural competency and implicit bias training for health care professionals
- Ensuring proper access to maternity care for all women
- Programs that provide low-income moms prenatal care, safe and affordable housing, access to nutritious food and enhance access to reliable and safe public transportation
- Adopt permanent Medicaid postpartum extension to 12 months and add reimbursement for maternal doula care for expecting women;
- Expand access to telehealth
- Read the complete policy initiatives here
You can help call attention to these critical needs by sending a message to lawmakers. March of Dimes makes it easy for you to contact Congress — visit the #BlanketChange page and use the automated form to send a message directly to lawmakers. Your voice matters!